Saturday, June 21, 2008

Al Is A Genius.


Why doesnt anyone know about this? Al Green is a genius. I had no idea. I mean I knew because his classics have been in heavy rotation since I was knee high, but the fact that songs get made up aesthetically on the spot, with other collaborators involved is a beautiful thing. No vocoders. No synthesizers. Just pure unadulterated music, featuring some of best voices in the game. ?uestlove, Corrine Bailey Rae, John Legend, etc.. The video below is the behind the scenes of the album being made. Right beneath that, is the album itself.

Enjoy.

Behind The Scenes of Lay It Down


Al Green - Lay It Down

1 comment:

Rev Kim said...

why did the 2008 sucky BET awards (Al Green tribute)have to OFFICIALLY put me on to this musical genious? Maybe it was the dentures and the sunglasses..or maybe it was Anthony Hamilton dressed like Pops from the Wayens Brothers (sexy)..either way..

Al Green is love. Rev Kim