Monday, November 24, 2008

Songs That I Like That As A Guy I Probably Shouldnt Like


There happens to be a few songs that if I played loud enough can cause me embarrasment and reputation dismemberment. But I know that the roughest toughest steak for breakfast punch a cop manly man guy dude has a song or two (or maybe a whole album) that just tugs at the heart strings, and can quite possibly get somebody emotional.

I am man enough to show you mine.

Lets start with a classic from Roger & Hammersteins "Cinderella". Son..I was like..*sniff*. Then I rewound it and played it back.



Raise your hand if you've seen Set It Off. All of your hands should be in the air. Remember that scene when Queen Latifah got shot..yup. Lori Perry's "Up Against The Wind" had me wiping my eye. Yeah. Just one.



Then, there's one from Romeo & Juliet. Kissing You by Des'ree. *sigh*..I feel the need to let people know that I will still punch someone in the face. Its my own insecurities. I feel better.



When I first heard Daydreamer by Adele, I stopped doing whatever I was doing. I almost got emotional. Then I hit myself in the chest. All was as it once was.



Lastly, I discovered this song last night. Its by Rufus Wainwright called "Vicious World". Thinking about how fucked up this world is will get you fucked up. I suggest you dont.



Bonus: Regular Tob LOVES this song. Under no circumstances should anyone. I dont care who you are.

No comments: